A night of mixed thoughts
Ah...9 August, 2006. First of all, Happy Birthday, Singapore (Notice the nonchalant tone in that statement)...It's a day of mix thoughts. Was supposed to be at several places at once. Clarence invited me to his place to watch the National Day Parade, which I thought was cool. But then, we were supposed to have Bros' night at Wenhao/James' place. Then, Alex gave us( the bass players at the Con) free tickets to watch the SSO( Sydney Symphony) tonite. Decided to go wacth the concert instead.
Thought it was going to be a fun night out, cos it was planned that we would go to the bar to have drinks and snacks before heading to the Opera House. Shortly, after we left the Con, the girls starting talking and mingling among themselves, leaving the guys with few words completely out. And this continued right through the night, to the bar, to the end of the performance. The girls just left us out. I felt so hurt, so irritated, so frustrated. Yes, the girls might play better than the boys, but do they have to act so superior so as to ignore us? Had it not been free tickets by Alex, I would have given it a complete miss, given what I regard as anti-social behaviour by the girls...
The next time they ask me out...I will have to think twice....and think really hard about it. Oh, and before I forget, Alex, many thanks for the free tickets. I really learned a lot.
On the other side of the coin, I think I learned a lot. The Opera house concert hall just became my next classroom.Hahaha...Sometimes, I wonder...Will I be playing in a professional orchestra like that in the near future? Will people come, support and see me play? Will I be able to play like my teachers? Maybe I should try to rekindle the joy of music-making first within me...
Anyway, I'm performing on Friday and Sunday at Chatswood. Repertoire will be a contemporary work, Schubert's 'Great' symphony and Mendelssohn's Overture to Midsummer Night's dream. Hope it will be good. Wish me luck.
Woke up this morning at 3.30am, only to realise that my heater had broken down (only 2 months old) and the room was freezing. Had to put more clothes on myself and warm myself with a Hot Choc. Will get the heater changed tomorrow.
A friend of mine tested my personality 2 days ago. And the conclusion? I'm melancholic...A little romantic...and I am well-loved. Think it's true? You'll be the judge...
I love this winter.So much colder than last year...and so romantic an atmosphere, especially in Sydney...but no one to share this special time of the year with me. Soon, this winter will leave and its absence will torment me with longing and sadness. Spring will come...and I don't know what to expect. Only He knows...
Going to bed now, I think. Night...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home