Friday, July 25, 2008

Songs

As all of you know, I'm a music major. A musician. In addition, I listen to heaps of pop songs. A lot of Asian pops cos a lot of the music coming out from America is just utter crap.

There is something about such vocal music that appeals to me. After thinking for such a long while, it isn't really about the lyrics that hits me right in my heart and gut. Sure, lyrics help to convey various emotions, such as anger, joy, love(both fulfilled and unrequited), sadness, angst and so on.

For me, what hits me the most is the music itself. The instrumental side of it, that is. The keys they use, the chords they use and how they progress from one to another, the effects, and somehow, the way that they convey the lyrics(if they're able to). I think there's a mysterious thing about music that I can't really convey it myself. As one poet has said 'Music is the most Romantic of the Arts'. Not so much in lovey-dovey, intimate romance, but the ability to express emotions in a manner that carries hints of ambiguity. And it is with such elements that it cuts right through to my heart and soul.

Now, that I reviewed what I've written so far, I think the title doesn't suit it so well. I'l just leave it as it is until I can find a better title for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home