Carmina Burana...and being well connected
I must say that I haven't fell asleep in a concert in a very long time.And it all happened yesterday. At the Con.
Was watching the choral concert of Carmina Burana, which is a musical setting of medieval poems. Quite pagan,yet fun. Just didn't quite like the setting, which is probably why I feel asleep. But to the choir, well sung.
Xiang Liang, Daniel and I adjourned to Krispy Kreme Donuts (so sinful, so yummy, so ..., I could just go on about it). We bought 12 donuts to share among us three. It certainly became intriguing when I took a nutritional chart to see whose donut had the greatest amount of fat.
And the winner is,
(Drum roll, please....)
Dan, Our Man, the Man. His donut had a total fat amount of 21g. I came a close second with Xiang Liang's having the least.
We met with Shimei at the Korean Restaurant in Glebe for dinner followed by desserts at Well Connected. And we got the best seats in the house, right on the couch, in front with the jazz trio. Here are some of our pictures:
And I think it was just great to hang out with fabulous company, enjoy desserts and just chat and listen to some great jazz numbers.
I'l try to keep my blog as updated as I can, given that nothing has been posted for a very long time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home