August
Today is the 1st of August.August happens to be roughly the last official month for winter. For me, winter is my favourite season. While other international students might be shivering in the cold and cursing under their breath, I seriously enjoy winter, cos I don't get to enjoy this sort of weather in Sg.
Winter encompasses so much things. It makes me appreciate that hot cup of cappucino just by huddling my big ugly hands around it. It means that I get to be wrapped up in cosy warm clothes. Yes, it might be quite a few layers, but I really don't mind. Makes me feel rather warm and secure. It makes me look better too, cos I seriously suck in summer clothes. Maybe that's why I've got more and nicer clothes for winter rather than summer. And for all those of you who have a better half on your side, it's a great time to cuddle up together in each other's arms as you walk the streets on a winter day.
This winter has been the coldest that I've experienced in Sydney. Not just in degrees celsius but in terms of beyond the realm of the physical atmosphere. It feels that with August being here, winter will be bidding farewell to me and all of us in just a month's time. And I somehow think that I might not feel it or see it again. Like bidding farewell to a someone whom u know u won't know when will be the next time you will see him/her. With this thought sort of hanging loosely over my mind, I will appreciate the remaining winter for all it's worth. And with the night stars shining over us each night, I will gaze and awe at what God has created for all of us to enjoy. I hope the flame in me will not extinguish. Hopefully, that is.
It is time for me to take a step back and review things for what they are at the moment, before I take another step. I need to reflect upon myself and think of what I should do. I feel a lot of weight on me this semester. I will carry it with faith, and God willing, I will carry this load as far as I possibly can.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home